We had a great time in worship this Sunday. I had some really funny technical glitches at the start, but they would be annoying to listen to for the home audience so I cut them out. It does explain part of the reason why you hear a crying baby and some commotion at the start of the audio however.
The sermon text comes from the book of Hosea and speaks about returning to the Lord. You can click on the play button below to listen in and follow along with the notes below. Please feel free to leave any comments or let me know if you have any problems listening. May the Lord bless you through His Word.
Return to the Path
Sermon notes 11/29/09
- Self-sufficiency is suicide – Hosea 13
- Those who forget God will tend to exalt themselves – 13:1-6
- God will remove our “crutches” if need be – 13:7-13
- Promise of resurrection – 13:14
- Sincere repentance is required – Hosea 14:1-2
- God desires mercy and not sacrifice – Hosea 6:6
- There is no offering we can bring except our confession – 14:2
- The fruit of our lips – Hebrews 13:15-16
- Sure paths are promised
- The Lord forgives – 14:4
- The Lord provides a shelter – 14:5-8
- The Lord makes a way – 14:9