Here is the sermon from Sunday morning. The text is taken from Mark chapter 8 and deals with the cost of discipleship. You can click play and follow along with the notes below if you are so inclined. May God richly bless you through His Word.
How Quickly We Forget the Cost of Discipleship
Sermon notes 2/7/10
- Forgetting the Past – v. 1-21
- The feeding of the 4000 +
- The sign they asked for – John 6:26-33
- Worrying about bread
- Bread is teaching – Matthew 16:16
- Yeast – Wrong teaching
- Unleavened – God’s Word – 1 Corinthians 5:6-8
- Realizing the Present – v. 27-30
- Who do people say Jesus is?
- Peter recognizes who Jesus really is – v. 29
- Why the secrecy?
- Seeing the Future
- Jesus speaks plainly to the disciples – v. 31-38
- Peter’s “blunder” – v. 33
- Counting the cost – v. 34-38