We had a fantastic time in the Lord this morning. The songs were wonderful and so was the singing. We had a couple of different people sing special songs for us as well and it was a blessing. Here is the sermon audio from this morning. The sermon text is from John 3 and covers the encounter between Nicodemus and Jesus. May God richly bless you through His Word.
For some reason, I couldn’t get the audio file to play normally so the link is below as well.
You Must Be Born Again
Sermon notes 5/23/10
- Nicodemus at Night – John 3:1-13
- Why was Nicodemus coming to Jesus?
- The identity of Nicodemus
- Being Born Again
- In Jewish culture referred to the process of ritual conversion
- Nicodemus’ question makes more sense this way
- Born of water and Spirit
- The Spiritual “Wind” or Ruach
- Lifting up the Son of Man
- The serpent in the wilderness – Numbers 21:4-9
- The midrash of the miracle snake
- The word for pole can also be viewed as a “sign”
- Play on words
- Whoever believes in Him