The final Sunday of 2010 was a good one. We had a wonderful time in the Lord singing and sharing last week as well. I will post the audio from the short message I gave last week as a “bonus clip” below the sermon from this week for those who are interested in hearing it. It is about 9 minutes long. This week’s sermon focuses on why Jesus became a man. I invite you to listen along and pray that God would bless you through His Word made flesh. Notes for this week’s sermon are below the two audio files.
One other note to explain the “cryptic” comment to start the sermon audio this week. We had one of our families bring a special number as a group and the little helpers (four toddler-age kids) pretty much stole the scene. It was cute beyond words, so I won’t try to describe it any more than that.
Oh, the Humanity
John 1:1-18; Philippians 2:1-18
Sermon notes 12/26/10
- The Light of the World – John 1:1-18; 8:12
- Shines in the darkness and not overcome
- True light – but not everyone sees it
- Men of God’s favor – Luke 2:14
- Humility and Obedience – Philippians 2:1-18
- God became man – v. 6-7
- Learned obedience – Hebrews 5:7-9; Romans 5:19
- His obedience is faith itself
- His faith is to be our faith – Hebrews 12:1-3
- A pattern for us as well – Philippians 2:5, 12-18